Announces next year’s festival after several reported rapes in Sweden
It’s been a day since the We are Stockholm festival, and eight reports of sexual abuse have already been filed with the police.
Last year’s festival, with 19 notices of sexual abuse, was the starting point for the debate on the abuse and abuse of music festivals. For the year’s edition, We Are Stockholm has greatly enhanced the surveillance.
“We are many educated adults in the staff, we have both order guards, field assistants and volunteers. In total, we are about 150, “said Eva Widgren, project manager for the festival.
– I have had enough. Violence ruins the festival experience, the love of music and, above all, injured people, “said Bråvallagrunderen Folkert Koopmans in a press release.
A 15-year-old girl should have been raped during Håkan Hellström’s concert at the Bråvalla Festival in Norrköping on Friday night.
According to the police, the girl was arrested and raped by a man in the midst of the crowd in front of the scene without anyone intervening.
“It’s terrible that you have to experience such a thing with a lot of people around you,” says a police spokesman, Thomas Agnevik, to Aftonbladet.
Source – Aftonbladet.se