Main Menu

E-cigarette explodes in woman’s purse

A New Jersey woman’s $1,200 purse burned up on a sales counter in a mall when a battery exploded.  And the entire thing was caught on a security camera.

Mara McInerney of Matawan, N.J. was shopping at the Freehold Raceway Mall on Sept. 11 when the incident took place.  She was at a Sunglass Hut counter speaking to the salesperson when a huge cloud of smoke poured out of the purse.  The employee took off running while McInerney backed away.

She grabbed the purse and dumped the contents on the floor but it was too late to save the bag, her wallet, several pieces of jewelry and an undetermined amount of cash.  Everything had either melted or burned.


Read more..