The Top 10 Most Secure and Secret Places On Earth
Here are the top 10 most secret highest security places on earth. Some are now open to the public, but were once top secret
1. Secret Vaults of The Mormon Church – Known as Granite Mountain, the world’s largest collection of genealogical records is housed in a secure vault located in the mountains near Salt Lake City. The LDS church built Granite Mountain in 1965 to preserve and protect important church records, including its vast collection of some 3.5 billion images of family history on microfilms.
2. Tumen River North Korea, China, Russia Border – Within 1 mile, you can go from North Korea, to China and end up in Russia. This of course, makes this a good place for those who want to defect.
3. Korean Demilitarized Zone – The Demilitarized Zone or DMZ cuts the Korean Peninsula almost in half, crossing the 38th parallel on an angle. By the way, we are technically still at war with North Korea.
4. The Greenbrier Underground Bunker – Carved deep into the mountainside beneath one wing at the Greenbriar hotel is an emergency Cold War fallout shelter. This was once a top secret U.S. government relocation facility for Congress, and the president in the case of a nuclear attack.
5. Cheyenne Mountain Complex – Built under 2,000 feet of granite this bunker is built to deflect a 30 megaton nuclear explosion. It has multiple sets of 25-ton blast doors and another for the civil engineering department. The doors were made so that they can always be opened if needed.
6. HavenCo – HavenCo is a data hosting services company founded in 2000 to operate from Sealand, a self-declared sovereign nation that occupies a former World War II defensive facility at sea located six miles from the coast of Suffolk, England.
7. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York – This is where approximately 25% of the world’s gold is stored. It is extremely well guarded and the actual vault is eighty feet below street level and fifty feet below sea level. The perimeter of the building is guarded by well-trained sharp-shooters.
8. Babylon, Iraq – Following excavations in the early 20th century, European archaeologists claimed they found features such as the remains of the famous Ishtar Gate, but why are portions of this site not viewable from Google Maps.
9. Fort Knox United States Bullion Depository – Fort Knox not only stores thousands of tons of gold, but it supposedly contains important historical documents such as the Declaration of Independence and the Magna Carte.
10. Area 51 – This may be the most secret location and military installation on earth and has been for more than 60 years. Ever since a supposed alien spaceship crash at the site in 1947, Area 51 has been rumored to hold all kinds of secrets from the well known Skunkworks aircraft development program to the studio where the moon landing was said to have been faked. We recommend you stay clear of Area 51.